Popular Post

More about "American Idol" Season 10

'American Idol' Recap: Lauren and Scotty Duke It Out
Vocal cord issues and all, Lauren Alaina stages valiant comeback, but things get a little weird

The performance round of the "American Idol" finale is upon us. We've had a good time getting to this point, I think. I hope everyone remembered that the finale starts tonight and not tomorrow night. You might accidentally watch the final results show! Do these performances even have that much bearing on the final result?

Not to be all Randy Jackson about it but at this point, I think it's still anyone's game. For a long time, I've been thinking Scotty had it in the bag, but after watching a lot of both of their performances (and duets together), I've realized that Lauren is a formidable opponent. They're both really good. And when was the last time we had such a wholesome pair of finalists? Without going too deep into theories, I wonder if the finale will have fewer votes than last week, when Haley was still around. You know, before a bunch of people decided they wouldn't bother even watching the finale.


I like them both, and they're both so talented and gracious. I think finale situations really bring out the worst in people (the internet), so I hope people can just support the people they like, even if they're not in the running for the title anymore, and not beat up on the other contestants too much.

Now there's a rumor going around that Lauren Alaina may have lost her voice and that Haley is rehearsing to take her place? Or maybe I changed the channel to the VH1 Fuzzy Bra version of "Showgirls"? Ugh, I wish. Nomi Malone would kill it in the "American Idol" finale.

They're showing clips of previous winners as children, then winning, and then the final two as kids, and I have chills. Jennifer Lopez is dressed as an aloe plant again, which makes everything feel better. Ryan is wearing a tux, and I guess Randy is wearing his dressiest ugly jacket.